Craigslist has quickly become one of the best sources to post job vacancies and to find great candidates, so it’s important to avoid the following common Craigslist job posting mistakes we see. Did you know that a recent Wall Street Journal study found that the most popular job posting board is Craigslist?
Your job posting contributes to your employer brand – the image that your company puts out to the marketplace as an employer. Make sure your job posting brands your company as a great employer so that you attract and retain the best candidate.
The most common mistakes we find with job postings, especially on-line postings are:
- No mention of the name of the company.
- No indication of how the vacant position is important to the company.
- Only describing what the company’s needs are, without saying why an employee would want to work for the company.
- Spelling and grammar mistakes.They make the company look unprofessional.
- Not including pertinent contact information (e.g. website, address, phone number).
Want to set yourself apart from the crowd? Here are 5 quick tips to make your job posting more successful and find great candidates:
- Have a catchy headline.
- Share information on what it’s like to work for your company and how the position contributes to the company’s success.
- Inject some personality into your posting to show off what sets your company apart.
- Include your website address so your prospective applicants can learn about your company.
- Proofread, spell check and grammar check your posting before you post.